Friday, May 15, 2009

Long time no blog!

Hey there, its been a while since I blogged... In fact, its been a while since I wrote anything. I'll say its because of mood swings.. hmm.. nah.. maybe its just because i don't feel like writing yet.. Until tonight, when I finally decide to do so! any way, enough of that none sense.
I recently turned 21.. cut my long hair, and! enrolled in law school... Yep.. I just simultaneously graduated from 4 years of school work and enrolled for another four years of torture.. Its a good thing I have with me 2 of my good friends in undergrad school, and the support of my family.. I hope I won't let them down, (having no plans of doing that is at least a start... ). I didn't actually like the thought of entering law school for the past 5 years of my life, although it was an on and off thing, I had thoughts like, "why would I submit myself to four years of hell?" and after having found out that four of my relatives gave a try at that, and they, well.. you know.. And I went "So that's why they want me to go to law school!!" I felt like I was given the task to continue their dreams. And then I said to myself, "what about my own dreams?" And so, that was the reason that kept my mind off the idea.
Fast forward to my college years, I excelled in my political science subjects and in student leadership, onward to graduation and to the moment when I had to finally decide. It is strange what time and age can do to your thinking. I mean, I'm not that old, but law school seemed less intimidating now, than four years ago when I was a college freshman. My Lolatol was right, I remember her saying (while she was cutting some patterns of cloth) "Maybe soon you will realize that it is not that hard.. your just intimidated now because you're young, but when you get older, it won't be too scary". And, it felt like the bachelors degree wasn't enough yet. It was during these times too, that I learned the situations of my relatives before when they studied law, and realized how hard it was, which may have contributed to the result of their exams. I don't know what else happened, but that was enough to make me want to try and make them happy and proud. My parents approve of it too, and, I know my aunt tita will be very happy.
And so, I enrolled. And when the secretary of the COL's Deans Office said, "you have been successfully enrolled", whoa.. butterflies in my stomach? and some shivers down my spine! Yep, I myself was surprised by the happiness that I actually felt.
Classes start June 8, and I hope I won't be all talk and no work. While the possibility of dropping out all subjects when all hell breaks lose comes to mind, trying something and failing, is better than not trying at all.

1 comment: